the Linksys EA7300 is a really good router for young, heavy internet users who spend most of their time either streaming or gaming. The router’s wireless and throughput capabilities make it a perfect choice for people who really want to push their internet to the limit.
Even if more than a few people will be using the internet at the same time, this router will make sure you don’t experience any lag and will adequately distribute the internet between all your connected devices whether they are wireless or connected through the ethernet cable.
There is a lot to say and discover about this router, so why not get right into it!
- AC1750 MU-MIMO Dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi technology, 450 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300Mbps (5Ghz) for greater wireless strength and range.
- 1x Gigabit WAN port.
- 4x Gigabit LAN ports.
- USB 3.0 compatible with file and printer sharing across local networks.
- 3x external antennas (non-detachable) ensures greater range and less interference.
- Onboard Dual-Core CPU for maximum throughput and information transfer.
- FAT, NTSF, and HFS+ file system compatibility across multiple operating systems.
- Easy to use browser-based setup.
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi support for easier Wi-Fi management and monitoring.
- Beamforming technology for optimized performance and focused wireless signal to all connected devices for greater range, strength, and stability.
- 64/128-bit WEP; WPA2-personal and WPA2-enterprise security encryption for better protection and network security.
- Dual operation modes: Wireless router or Access point.
- It has three adjustable antennas.
- Speedy hardware.
- Easy-to-use software to control your network.
- Allows to prioritize up to 3 devices.
- Large size
- Takes long to reboot
When you first open the box that contains the Linksys EA7300, there are a few things you should expect to find along with the body of the router itself. The router comes with an installation booklet, a documentation flier, a power adapter, a warranty, and the 3 antennas.
Linksys Ea7300 Review
In order to achieve high-speed data transfers both locally and using your internet connection, the router comes with a dual-core processor that makes things run as smoothly as needed and spare you from all the unnecessary lags cheaper routers suffer from.
What this means is that you won’t face any problems if you decide to stream 4K or even online game in 4K.
Like any other router, this one, too, has the famous 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. These bands can deliver fast wireless internet connections throughout the house and will have more compatibility with more devices. The difference between a single-band and a dual-band router can be huge, as the dual-band one can reach speeds up to 100 times that of the single-band counterpart.
Dual bands also mean a lot more coverage area in your home or office and you’ll rarely find a spot that isn’t reached by your Wi-Fi coverage.
The router comes equipped with Multi-User MIMO technology which will allow you to share bandwidth with multiple devices at the same time. This is an important feature to have if you want everyone to enjoy the same internet speeds whenever they are connected to your Wi-Fi.
Should you Buy This Router?
If you have a medium-size house or a medium-size business then this router is definitely the one for you, your friends and family, and your employees. Everyone connected will not have to deal with any lag or speed drops as long as they’re not too far away from it.
It offers great speeds, a dual-band system, including a 5GHz band that will make sure you get the fastest internet possible on your plan.
The only downside to it that you should be aware of is the fact it has some limitations to its range. If you have a big house or flat then you might see how the range of the network underperforms.
The only reason why you shouldn’t go for this router is if you don’t need all the functionality it comes with. If you’re an average user who doesn’t necessarily need to stream 4K content, then you may not find this router to be very useful for you and it would be better if you go with a cheaper, less advanced model.
When it comes to specs and performance, this router is a champion that checks a lot of marks. And for the price you’re paying, it is still worth it since you get a lot of premium specs with it.
We hope this article told you enough about this router and whether or not you should get it! Happy shopping!